Back Burner Mystery

Saturday, August 16, 2014



Back in May, I reviewed a copy of the second book in the Drew Farthering series for Bethany House. When they offered me a copy of the third book, I was pretty excited to continue the story!
Julianna Deering's newest release, "Murder at the Mikado" seemed like the perfect August read.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into this one. The back and forth between Drew and his fiance was just too much for me. He was sneaky. She didn't like it. They worked it out. But then they realized that they really hadn't. The mystery seemed to take a back burner, which was disappointing to me. 

There were about 150 pages that were SOLID and had me ALMOST changing my mind about this book. I was eager to figure out which clues were meant to lead me astray. Those pages had me content to keep reading so that I could get to the bottom of exactly WHO was behind the crimes taking place.  



No sooner did I really get into it that the mood changed and it was right back to the on again off again relationships between certain characters.

Deering is so capable of putting together a good story. I'm just not in it for the human interactions and cliche dilemmas that they may face.  

While I couldn't get into this book, you might just love it! If you are interested, you may pick up a copy HERE

* I was provided a review copy of this book by Bethany House. All thoughts are my honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I love your honesty! I wish I could get into books more during the school year. I just find little time. But summer and winter break are awesome because I can usually get into a book or two! Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)