A Cookbook From Our Favorite Baker

Sunday, October 26, 2014


Surely you've all heard of Joy the Baker by now! It's no secret that I love Joy. I have been reading her blog for the longest time and I talk about her as if she lives next door. Let's be honest, I definitely wish that she did.

When Joy's latest cookbook, "Homemade Decadence", came in the mail, I was excited to have it in my hands, but even more excited that it's a sign that Joy gets to keep doing what she loves. I'm so glad that she gets to do all of this baking for a living and that she chooses to blog her way through it.


This cookbook has some of the best pictures. I may be biased, but I really do love it! I was planning to sit down and mark down the recipes that I want to try out....but then I realized that I'd rather just grab this book on days when I feel like baking and whip something up because it looks good in that moment.

I think you'll find yourself wanting to do the very same thing!


This last Wednesday was one of those days. It was rainy and cold and dinner was in the crock pot. I had remembered seeing a recipe for Chai Tea Lattes in the book, so I pulled it out and got started.

My sister (who recently got into chai tea) came back from her piano lesson just as I was putting the milk on...She thought I saw her coming and decided to make her a drink. I WISH that's what I was doing, but it wasn't.

Needless to say, I added more milk! My sister had hers straight, without any coffee added. I had mine with the coffee, exactly as Joy suggested.

I used to work at a coffee shop where they had chai to rave about. Joy's chai is even better than that! It's strong and smooth and exactly what you want. I never thought to make chai this way, but I'm never going back. The trick is going to be NOT making it every single day.


My sister and I sat in the living room doing our own things while sipping on what is most definitely our new favorite drink...The rain kept coming and dinner kept cooking. I've e-mailed  Joy to ask her about sharing the recipe, so I'll share it as soon as I get the okay!

In the meantime, get your copy of Homemade Decadence HERE.


* I was provided with a review copy of this book by Blogging for Books. All thoughts are my own honest opinion.

5 comments:

  1. that looks tastey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. I love the picture with you holding the cup in your hand next to the wet window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of making a Chai Tea Latte. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, the chai and rain outside! Perfection. I have HEARD of Joy the Baker, but I don't know if I've made anything of hers. I will have to check out her blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that latte looks so comforting. I've always thought of chai tea to be like Christmas in a cup. The spices are so delicios!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)