Friday and Pizza and Other Stuff

Monday, October 13, 2014




Let's talk about Friday and pizza and a few other things...

The day began with a trip out to the van to get the groceries and put them away. (I'll be honest...If I go shopping and get home late and there's nothing in the car that has to get to a fridge, I'll wait to unload them.) Then I moved on to laundry and a bit of blogging and some organizing.

My Mom spent most of the day getting the living room bookshelves completely reorganized while my brother and sister finished up their first week of 9th and 11th grade. I popped in to help here and there, but mostly, she tackled the job all by herself. 

Around 2, I got started on making the pizza dough for that night.  I've been wanting to be able to make pizza completely from scratch and have my family love it....When I spotted a recipe for "New England Bar Pizza" in the August/September issue of Cook's Country Magazine, I decided that it looked promising. 

You bake this pizza in cake pans. The black stuff is cheese and sauce and it's the reason I wanted to try this recipe.

Let's just get this out of the way...This recipe is EXCELLENT. My family loved the pizza and their only real complaint was that I didn't make more of it. I'd call that a true success! 

While the dough was doing its thing, I decided to put coconut oil in my hair because I've noticed that the ends are getting pretty dry. Almost immediately afterwards I realized that I needed to get cheese and pepperoni from the store. So...Away I went, greasy hair (in a pony tail, of course) and all! 

When I got home my sister had gotten out the stuff to make italian sodas. It was as I was standing in my kitchen with coconut oil in my hair, sipping on a watermelon italian soda, making pizza from scratch that I decided this Friday was perfect. 



My Mom finished the bookshelves just as the pizza was ready. We oohed and aahed over her work, turned on an episode of Downton Abbey (I'm not excited about the way season 5 is going), ate our pizza in the living room, and gave "rootbeer oreos" a try for dessert. 

It was still early in the night when all of that was finished, so I decided to tackle one more thing....


Friday happened. I discovered a great pizza recipe. I went to the store with greasy hair. I drank a watermelon italian soda in October. I got my summer clothes put away and filled my drawers with sweaters and warmer socks. Oh, and I got all of the laundry finished just in time for the weekend.

Like I said, it was perfect!

Cook's Country has agreed to let me share this recipe with you! Their recipes are thorough and set every cook up for success. I love Cook's Country Magazine because the issues are packed full of great recipes with stories about how they were developed and why they work, reviews on products everyone wants to know more about, and it has ZERO advertisements.

For the recipe to New England Bar Pizza click  HERE.



*I was not compensated for this post in any way by Cook's Country. This is a magazine I subscribe to and I'm sharing the recipe with you because I think you'll love it! 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. My girls usually have pizza on Saturday and they love it as they get to watch a movie too. When we were in Scotland, we went to the castle where they shot a few episodes of Downton Abbey.

    Our weekend was fun and busy as usual but I'm thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I love making pizza together! We've never made the dough from scratch, though. We usually just get the refrigerated dough and make pizza with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an awesome pizza! I'll have to check out the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that looks amazing!! We spend our Fridays having pizza nights too! I love that. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)