Flesh vs. Spirit

Friday, April 03, 2009

I want to challenge everyone, including myself, to take a day and discern the flesh and the spirit.
At random points during the day ask yourself, "In this moment, which is ruling in my life flesh or spirit?"
If the answer is spirit, praise the Lord! Thank Him for the grace He has bestowed upon you that is causing you to increase in good works.
If the answer is flesh, pray to the Lord! Ask Him to bestow His grace upon you by helping you to seek His ways and walk accordingly. 
As I ponder the days I've lived. The struggles my family is facing. The shortcomings in this fallen world, I see one thing: A Spiritual Battle. 


In Genesis 3:15, God speaks of this battle for the first time. In Ephesians 6, we are told how to live in light of it. 
Won't you join me in resolving to follow the words of  2 Corinthians 13:5
 where this discernment is fleshed out?
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful challenge, Victoria! I believe that Amy Carmichael at her mission had a bell ring on the hour, and everyone instantly paused in prayer. I feel like I need a constant reminder and recharge through the day in order to help me to live victoriously, and pausing often to ask if I am living in the flesh or not is a wonderful way to do that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Lauren!

    I think Amy Carmichael had it right on :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)