Thank You

Sunday, March 14, 2010

"I've been a Christian for quite a few years.
Victory in faith, but I've failed in my fears.
I've heard a lot of words that have tickled many ears;
that's why I praise God for the WORD and being here."
Lecrae in "Joyful Noise"

I have listened to this song a million times....I've heard it live...I've worshipped through it, especially the chorus.

It was just this morning that I actually stopped and really thought about what this verse was saying.

I have been studying Colossians lately. Especially Colossians 2:8:
See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

What keeps us from being slaves to ourselves, the world, and sin?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ, communicated through the Bible (Word of God) and made clear by the grace of God and the work of the Holy Spirit.

The point is, I've been exposed to the lies of this world. People have tried to tickle MY ears with them.
Yet, I am where I am at today, namely, free from them.

So, I thank God for the understanding I have received.

I thank God that I have not been taken captive.

I thank God for His grace, His mercy, His power, His love. I thank God for HIM.

I thank God for men who preach and live by His power and grace.
God has used them to disciple me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)