It's Been A While

Monday, April 25, 2016

April 20, 2016

We bloggers say it often, but we say it because it happens and we really are sorry. Well, sort of. I'll say it now: I'm sorry for disappearing and not giving you a heads up on the serious break in my posting schedule. It wasn't planned. I had no idea how long it was going to last. Life over the last few weeks was such that I haven't spent any time on blogging.

Since you last heard from me, a lot has been going on.

I've packed up two maxed out mini van loads and one pick up truck load of stuff from our other house. I've sorted and cleaned and done some major yard work. I've shared the news with those closest to me that we are officially working on putting our house in the town we've called "home" for the last 20 years on the market. The reality that our ties with that town will be broken once that house sells has really started to sink in. (Yes, yes, we can still visit. But once the house sells, that part of our live's will be history.) That's part of why I haven't been here.

I've also been soaking up some serious sun while writing up a book club style literature course for middle schoolers that I plan to teach in the fall. And finishing up Gone With The Wind. And reading the latest Mary Higgins Clark. All while sipping my favorite toasted marshmallow iced lattes. If I'm honest, this time in the sun has kind of taken the place of blogging.

I've been heading to the basketball court to shoot hoops with my brother on the nights when we have nowhere to be after dinner. Okay, so this has only just begun, but I hope it happens A LOT more often!

I've spent a good chunk of time each morning reading the Bible and writing in my journal. And visiting with my Mom as we plan out what needs doing and who has to be where and what we need to get done. And Prince. He was one of my Mom's favorites and with his recent death, we've learned A LOT about him. He was so young and so gifted and I had no idea just how much my Mom appreciated his music.

My sister and I have tried to squeeze in trips to the library and to the park and have had plenty of chats just as one of us happens to be trying to go to sleep. We've shared car rides to her new mother's helper job and swapped babysitting stories. On the drive back, I've blasted my music because that's what I do when I'm in the car alone.

Like I said, a lot has been going on. It's been fantastic and that might just be why I'm only sort of sorry that I haven't been here.


What have YOU been up to? 





http://www.ahopefulhood.com/p/open-letter-link-up_21.html

Before I sign off, I'd like to invite you to join Julie and I for her very first Open Letters link up THIS THURSDAY! Click here to learn more and be sure to come back on Thursday to share the link to your post!





5 comments:

  1. Mehmaw9:30 AM

    Just to clarify for your readers...Prince was a musical genius. His music was a big part of my teenage years, though some of his raunchier stuff I stayed away from. That said, I didn't share his music with you because of his lyrics....except the chorus of Purple Rain. Once I became a Christian, Prince was relegated to my past. A farewell that wasn't sad because his music helped me see my own sin and my own 'lust of the flesh.'

    That said, with his death, the past was revisited. I don't know what purple rain meant to him, but to me it was something beautiful and at times, for those I love, I do want to see them laughing in the purple rain. To me that meant all their sadness would be quenched for a time. Ultimately, this can only happen truly and deeply when we are basking in God, the creator and giver of all rain - purple or otherwise.

    We talked about how he said when he looked around he heard the music. He helped me hear the music, too. ....and when I learned that God was the Creator of it all, I thanked Him for Prince. Not for how he used his gift, but for the gift he was given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've totally stopped blogging for the past month as well, and I definitely didn't plan or announce it! You and I don't seem to be alone either...so many bloggers have recently been sharing similar "sorry I was gone" posts. It must be something about spring!

    I'm sad and excited for you on the selling of your own home. I can't imagine how hard that must be, but to also be excited for what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend, don't ever worry about taking time away from blogging to live life. It sounds like your time in the sunshine, reading favorite books, has been a blessing to you. And so many other good times with family - you are building so many precious memories! I'm so sorry for the emotional roller coaster you are on with the house. If I had to sell the house we live in now I would feel much the same. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the midst of some "stuff" and have been scarce around blogland, too. You were missed, though.
    Thanks for the update of what you are up to. It sounds like you have great plans!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)