5 More Things About Me pt. 4

Friday, December 23, 2016

December 4, 2010

I < 3 NYC. I don't care how cliche it is to say so because this city is my favorite. I spent one day there back in December of 2010 and found that it was everything I hoped it would be. I think about it almost constantly this time of year.

Aside from the occasional crop, slight adjustment, or a quick black and white or sepia toned filter, I don't edit my photos. What you see is straight from the camera. It's amazing what people can accomplish with photo editing software (I'm looking at you, Amy and Rach), but I just don't do it. When people talk about alllll the time they spend editing, I can't sympathize because I honestly have no idea as to where to even begin.

I think of "my style" as preppy/classic. The truth is, if you stopped by my house on any given day you would find me in jeans and a tshirt OR some kind of horribly tacky pants that are super comfy and a tshirt. The ensemble will always match, but you may cringe at the sight.

I know what people drive. In our old town, my Mom and I used to play this game where I would try to guess who was going to be in the grocery store based on the cars in the parking lot. I was SURE this would be a hopeless cause in our new city, but I've already started saying, "That was so and so." OR "Oh! So and so is in that store over there." When I see certain cars, I still think of the people that drove the same one in my old town and get excited for a split second before I remember that it's not theirs and that it can't be theirs.

I went to public school until I was in 8th grade. I was homeschooled from that point on and dream of homeschooling my own children someday, should I have them. I love talking education. Veteran teachers (homeschooling or otherwise) are some of my favorite people to talk to.


What don't I know about you? 


1 comment:

  1. What fun facts! I never would have guessed you loved NYC so much (just bc you're from the opposite side of the country!). And that car in the parking lot game sounds so fun. We used to sort of do that at the church I grew up in--"is so and so here? Do you see their car?" because it's a church of about 100 ppl.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)