As of Late

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Life for me over the past few weeks has been anything but ordinary. 

I told a friend that I felt like God had cleared my schedule to "rest me up" for something that was about to happen. I had no idea what it would be, but I just felt like something was coming. 

As it turned out, some friends ended up needing some help and I was able to provide it for them. Along with that, my days were "topsy-turvy" so schooling was done before and after last week. 

I have been pondering things. Yesterday as I was cleaning Flame's song, "See More Him" came onto my iPod. As I was listening to it, I was reminded that it's one of my favorite songs. You see, this particular song is all about the lengths Zaccheus was willing to go to see Jesus. 

The centrality of Jesus and more specifically the Gospel has been on my mind a lot lately. I've been trying to be purposeful in my Christian walk and I'll have to admit that my "Biblical Evangelism" class has had a major impact on this! 

That leads me to share what I have just spent the last two and half hours studying: The life of George Whitefield. 

To keep my posts from getting to long, I plan to write more on this....so guess you'll just have to come back tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:17 PM

    Yay! Looking forward to tomorrow's post! :)

    It was so good visiting with you today and I am so happy for you in what God's accomplishing in your life!! Praying for you sister!!

    Keep serving the King!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard/seen John Piper's message on Whitefield? It's really good!

    http://www.desiringgod.org/Blog/1622_pipers_message_on_whitefield/

    - Walter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walter-

    Thanks for the link! I'm going to check it out as soon as I can :)

    -Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. So - Sis - I get so busy groovin' to the tunes that it takes me a lot longer to actually read the posts!

    I like this one by Flame. Nice play on words - and a great message.

    I'll comment on the next one too -

    Love -
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)