Living a Disciplined Life

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Over the last three and half years or so, God has been teaching me a thing or two about discipline.

I'm not merely talking about spankings, being grounded, or receiving correction....
I'm talking about living a disciplined life.

There is room for discipline in all areas of life:

Growing in Godliness

Entertainment

Sleeping

Time Management

Exercising

Eating

You get the picture!

I wanted to spend some time talking about the practical side of actually living a disciplined life, day-by-day.

Are there any areas in your life where God has led your or is leading you to be more disciplined?



2 comments:

  1. Typo in the last line...and yes, there are many areas where I need more discipline. I was just thinking about this after reading through the first couple books of the Bible. Cleanliness was very, very important to the Lord - and no, I'm not going to start taking baths all the time. However, it made me think about how he is constantly cleansing us. I watched My Fair Lady today for the first time in a very long time. Not very godly entertainment - but lots and lots of object lessons of what NOT to do. Of course...as Jay says - when they train people about counterfeit money - they don't show them counterfeit they show them the real thing so when they see the fake they will recognize it. I can't bring myself to chuck it (yet), but it is definitely going to the back of the shelf.

    Love you -
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...many of those are areas He is working on in my life even now! Is there an almost all of the above answer? (-: I can't wait to hear more on this from you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)