It's My Life: Psalms

Wednesday, July 21, 2010


As I worked my way through Psalms and Proverbs, I began to notice something about the Psalms that I'd never noticed before.

I've often had a hard time with the Psalms for two reasons: poetry is not my thing and the poets often seemed to be whining or wishing ill on their enemies.

After this week, I doubt I'll ever deal with those problems again.

I realized that many of the Psalms follow a pattern.

The author will usually include all of these elements:

* Stating the distress or circumstances of life.
* Praying to or calling out to God.
* Preaching to himself and remembering his salvation.

Some specific examples of this are Psalms 13, 42, and 43.

I really enjoyed my time in the Psalms and was inspired to let my praying and journaling reflect the faithfulness found in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)