What I Learned in August

Thursday, September 11, 2014


August 11, 2014
 

August 18, 2014

August 20, 2014


* Zucchini has two c's in it. Also, thanks to my Post to Post penpaling, I've learned that my spelling STINKS these days. I need to work on that! Do you have any tips?

*You can buy graham cracker crumbs. This is just so strange to me, but apparently, it's real.

* Jayda over at Avocado Grove led me to try out the Zebra F-301 pen because it is THE pen. It is. You should try it.

* Thanks to Anne over at Modern Mrs. Darcy, I learned about Eleanor Roosevelt's "My Day" Column that ran from the end of 1935 through the fall of 1962 . This is the closest thing to a blog from those days and I'm excited to work my way through them. Do you know of any other columns like this one? Fill me in if you do!

*I've been watching Once Upon a Time again. I learned that Sebastian Stan who plays the Mad Hatter also plays Bucky on Captain America 2. I KNEW that guy looked familiar!

* Believe it or not, I learned to "play" the baritone ukulele at music camp. My Mom learned with me which made it 100 times easier and 1,000 times more fun. Don't worry, if you come to visit, I will NOT be forcing you to listen. :)

* That Keanu Reeves turned 50 on September 2 and played in The Matrix (I never watched those. There is more than one, right?!?!?) and was born in Lebanon.

2 comments:

  1. i love Once Upon a Time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shoutout, girl!! I'm so glad you like the pen :-) And if I came to visit, I would totally want to hear your baritone Ukelele!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)