Currently: August 2015

Friday, August 07, 2015

July 6, 2015
It's the end of summer and nothing is going like it is "supposed" to!  I took the week off of blogging (and didn't announce it - sorry!) because I was supposed to be camping this week. The story isn't mine to tell, but I'll say this: we made it to the campground and enjoyed the rest of the day there before returning home on the first night. My friend Shauna is coming out this way next week and I was really hoping to be able to drive down to spend a few days with her, but after pouring over maps and her timeline (she's out here for a wedding), we realized that it's just not going to work. So, that's cancelled as well. 

I've shed my tears and I'm moving on. It's August and summer is still here. I've got all kinds of things to be happy about! Yesterday I started in on one of the last five books on my summer reading list. "A Circle of Quiet" by Madeleine L'Engle is one you'll be hearing more about, but for now, I'm trying to decide if I want to read it slowly or devour what's left of it in one long sitting. It's that good! 

Whether things have been going well or if the bottom has been falling out of everything lately, you've got this! Cry if you need to and then get ready for the "insteads". They might not be as bad as you think! Let's join Jenna and Anne to talk about what we're currently...  

Creating: Blueberry muffins and peanut butter cookies were my latest creation. :) 

Wishlisting: A swim. A beach day. A great deal on a bike. And a heart that rests in God no matter what is happening. 

Hoping: For clarity of mind and strength from God. I'm telling you, human weakness is a beast and it's one I've been battling a lot this summer! 

Eating: All kinds of sandwiches. I ate at Bruchi's the other day and it was surprisingly good. I got the Signature Cheesesteak, if you're wondering.  

Watching: Last night I watched a movie called "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio" on Netflix. Watch it. Earlier this week I watched "Last Love" on Netflix for the millionth time. Watch that too.


What about you?


7 comments:

  1. I've missed you and wondered where you were!! I still need to watch Last Love and now you've given me another option to add to my Watchlist! Yay! :) I looove suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberry muffins are some of my favorite things to make! I love when they are warm right out of the oven. YUM! I'm sorry your camping trip got cancelled--hope everything was okay!
    Thanks for linking up friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must be on the same wavelength, Ha nothing is working out over here either! I just feel like i should be still and not push it anymore because I just keep getting disappointed. It's hard to let things go that you were looking forward to and find the joy in the moment despite. I could use a beach day too, I want a couple more before summer is over! A blueberry muffin sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list sounds a lot like what I'm feeling, too! I have been craving a good bike ride (a forest bike ride sounds perfect right now!) and I would love a blueberry muffin and some strength from God--I've been really struggling with being intentional and really invested in my time with Him.

    p.s. So sorry to hear about all of your change of plans lately! That stinks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. even though i'm near a beach, i still want a beach day haha
    also i'm craving a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the change of plans. I know hard things like that can be.

    Also, I love blueberry muffins! Those are on my list of things to make at some point over the next 29 days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Insteads" - that's a great approach! Hope you do enjoy August and fit in some of those fun things on your wishlist. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)