Currently: November 2017

Monday, November 06, 2017

November 4, 2017
Somehow, it's November. NOVEMBER. I have mixed feelings about November, mainly where the weather is concerned. Just being honest. Even if it is a little get-over-yourselfish of me. It's not the shorter days, I actually kind of love those. It's the bitter cold. I'll never be okay with that. Still, I do try to cultivate the whole mind of winter thing.

I'm going into this winter with a job I adore, another season of a Christmas show to be a part of, a list of books to read (fall and winter reading lists coming SOON), and all the Christmassy stuff I look forward to each year. It really should be good.

In other news, I'm currently...

Realizing: People realllly expect you to live your life for yourself and that somehow it always surprises me. I don't really know how to answer them. What if I told them spending my life the way I do IS fulfilling? What if I told them I simply can't imagine being mainly concerned with me?

Stirring: Lots and lots of soup. I've already made chili and clam chowder and beef stew and broccoli soup. What's YOUR favorite soup?

Appreciating: The way God leads His people. I haven't written about it here at all yet, but we've got some tough days ahead of us at my house. We've been in the trenches for a while and the ball finally dropped. If I'm honest, the church we're part of didn't handle it very well. I'm grateful that I KNOW God for myself and am secure in Him. He tends my soul better than anyone else can ever hope to.

Investigating: The Fitzgeralds for the book I'm working on. Military uniforms for that Christmas show I'll be behind the scenes for. How to pace myself and my priorities. NF's new album (Outcast, 10 Feet Down, and Let You Down are my fav tracks so far).

Following: The leads...People who have been around the block at work and in life. There's something so freeing about asking questions of people whose answers you know you can trust.

Linking up with Anne and Julie.

1 comment:

  1. I have been THE WORST blog reader ever but am so excited to catch up on your posts!!! And yay for the currently link-up! Tell us about the book you're working onnnnn!!! Or is that all you CAN tell us, that there is a book and that you're researching the Fitzgeralds? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)