Matthew 9:36-38

Sunday, February 01, 2009

When He saw the crowds, He had compassion for them, 
because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few;
therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."


The first verse is the answer to the prayer of my heart, "give me your eyes".  It describes how Jesus saw the people as He "went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and proclaiming the gospel of the Kingdom and healing..." (Matthew 9:35).

 
Today, as I head to church - I plan to look around the congregation in prayerful consideration of these things. 

This week as I travel through town - I plan to look around at my neighbors in prayerful consideration of these things.

John Piper put the second verse like this, "Therefore, pray earnestly to the Commander of the war to send out soldiers into his frontline." 

That gives a pretty good perspective on the spiritual battle at hand. 

2 comments:

  1. After you looking around...then what?

    Hugs -
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read closer -

    I will pray for more soldiers and I will live in such a way as to encourage the existence of more soldiers of the cross!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)