A Great Reward

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Getting consistent with your time spent communing with God in His Word always offers immediate reward. There is bound to be some truth you see in a new way.

That happened to me in Psalm 112 verse 7. I write in my Bible. If you flip through the pages you will see marks from pens, pencils, and highlighters. There are underlines, squiggles, stars, brackets, parentheses, circled words, notes, and of course, DATES. The dates are my very favorite part. It is through keeping track of where I've been and when I was there that I am able to remember the seasons of life that God has brought me through.

Psalm 112:7 is clearly a verse that has spoken to me over and over again.

Today, one of my secret or hidden sins came out. I did not go looking for it. God revealed it to me.

Psalm 112:7 says this,

He is not afraid of bad news;
his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.


Today I saw that I trust God completely in my dying, but that I can honestly say that I do not trust Him completely in my living.

How do I know? Because I do fear bad news when it comes to today and tomorrow. At the same time I am absolutely fearless when it comes to death....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)