Ask & Answer pt. 3

Friday, February 20, 2015

December 27, 2014

What's your favorite place you've ever visited?

Visiting Mount Vernon (in 2010) was the most surreal traveling experience I've ever had. I was in Baltimore for a conference and the option to make a side trip to Mount Vernon came up, but I found myself expecting that part of the trip to fall through at the last minute. Walking the grounds and looking out over the views was pretty amazing. I grew pretty fond of George Washington sometime over the last 10 years and I actually want to go back to Mount Vernon some day!

Of the years you have lived thus far - which year is the most memorable and why?

My 15th year was pretty memorable. It was a tough year in a lot of ways, but I started standing on my own two feet, I discovered what being a Christian was really all about (living for the glory of God in all areas of life), and things just started making sense.

What inspires you? 

God, His Word, and people that love Him inspire me the most. I love hearing about what people are learning from Him and how it is getting them through or challenging them to be more obedient to Him.

It's no secret that I'm also a fan of words, pictures, and food. Words communicate things, pictures commemorate things, and food plays a crucial role in bringing people together. I'm always gleaning from people who are masters in these areas.

What are three things that make getting through winter a little bit easier? 

Warm clothes - sweaters, socks, hats, and gloves are pretty much my favorite.

The shorter days - I never thought I'd say this, but I've really come to enjoy the slowness of winter.

Christmas - My favorite holiday distracts me while the last bits of fall are going away and since Christmas doesn't end for us until Epiphany, it has a way of giving me plenty of time to rejoice and celebrate the gift of Christ! Celebrations make everything better.



Now it's your turn! I'd love for you to leave your answers in the comments so that I can learn more about you too!

Thank you for supplying the questions that make this series possible! Anytime you think of a question, please be sure to leave it in the comments or an e-mail and I'll be sure to include it sometime.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know my favorite place I've visited. I've gone on some really awesome vacations. but my trip to Greece in college was a huge highlight! It's the only time I've been to Europe and it was just so new and different and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite place: Chicago will forever be my favorite place :]
    Favorite year: Hard to say because I really loved my two years teaching and the year I am currently in!
    God's word and His truth alone get me through the day to day
    This is my first Winter so I am loving hot drinks, warm clothes and the beautiful landscapes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those things definitely help me get through winter too!

    1. ITALY!
    2. 21 was the year I graduated college, got married, moved to Memphis, and entered "adult" life.
    3. What you said! :)
    4. CHRISTMAS! That's the only thing, haha! Now I'm ready for spring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a question for you: what's one thing you don't know how to do that you wish you did?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)