Currently: May 2017

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

May 3, 2017

We made it through winter and then winter-spring and now summer is coming! It's been a while since I've shared a "real life" update...We're still in The Queen's Cottage and we've settled into a way of life that isn't too shabby. In fact, it's mostly really, really great.

In the last six months we've had soooo many people come through this little postage stamp of a house. There have been movie nights and game nights and birthdays and rehearsals and just because drop ins. If you open the doors and invite them in, they'll come. Your house can be small. Your carpet can be green and your furniture can be mismatched. There can be boxes stuffed into every corner. They don't care.

This month is going to fly by and when it's over, I'll be entering into a summer that I think may be the last of its kind. I'm trying not to think about THAT too much, so that I can focus on making the most of it instead! My youngest brother starts classes at the college this fall which is mostly really exciting, but also means BIG changes are coming as fast as ever.

In the meantime, it's May and I'm currently...

Baking: Brownies, coffee cake, cinnamon biscuits, birthday cake (more on this tomorrow), and chocolate chip cookies. There have been so many occasions to celebrate lately!

Listening: The Help soundtrack. These songs. The Happy Hour podcast (thanks, Shauna!). I think FLAME is going to get some serious playtime this month! 

Loving:
Getting back into my garden. Being creative with meal plans. Grocery shopping on Friday afternoons. Getting "abducted" by Jay for a day. Bowling for the first time in YEARS (and doing alright). Taking time to let people in. The nights I spent reading Fitzgerald's letters. That summer is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!

Planting: I'll be putting my seeds in the ground in the next week or so! It's been a few years since I've tried a new veggie. I really want to do a salsa garden. Do I break my rule and introduce more than one new plant at a time???

Remembering: My grandparents. That, as J.I. Packer wrote, "We are to order our lives by the light of His law, not our guesses about His plan."

I'm linking up with Anne and Nancy!

What are you baking, listening to, loving, planting, and remembering these days?

5 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy! And all that baking you've been doing.....yum! I can't wait for summer either. And bowling is a family favorite activity! A salsa garden sounds fun! Homemade salsa is the best and a great summer snack to have on hand. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that sounds like a way better baking status than at my house lately. All sounds so good! And I need to check out The Happy Hour podcast, I think - it just sounds happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:01 PM

    Oh man, brownies are my absolute weakness! I never make them because I can't stop at just one...or four...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A salsa garden?! Plzzz share this via blog post!! And you're so right--our tiny house and ancient (free) furniture has been the gathering place for some really fun events, despite its size and lack of new things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say go for the salsa garden! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)