What's Saving My Life Right Now

Sunday, February 04, 2018

February 2, 2018
In this life there's always soooo much going on. The other day, I was washing the windows on a sunny afternoon while thinking back on lazy afternoons in the farming town I grew up in. I'm always thinking of that little town. When I was a kid, we'd race home from school to eat a snack and then do absolutely nothing until it got dark and we had to get to our homework. As I got older, there were sports practices and then after school jobs. 

Even in the middle of the "busy" times, that town had a different rhythm. Occasionally there was a rush, but most of life plodded along slowly. I think it's because the majority of life took place in the square mile that consisted of the town limits.

These days I find myself rushing on from one task to another with my eye on the clock. Sometimes, I'm granted the opportunity to really enjoy something as simple as washing the windows and having as much time for it as I need. Most of the time I find myself fitting those familiar tasks in around everything else.

Change is good. Doing our best to adapt to that change and make the most of it accomplishes more in us than we're aware of. Here are a few of the things I've been finding myself clinging to lately. In the middle of the rushing and the pacing myself and the planning, there are things that make the kind of difference I need. Today, I'm linking up with Anne and taking a minute to think about exactly what it is that's making that difference in my life right now.

* Long walks.

* The realization that the days are getting longer.

* Pancakes.

* Putting the tea kettle on to boil after a day at the library.

*Washing my hair more often than I have in years because freshly cleaned hair is worth it.

*Getting to Thursday with the laundry hampers empty, the grocery shopping done, a clean house, and a manicure.

*Looking up.

*YouTube playlists.


What's making a difference in your life right now?

5 comments:

  1. Hey Victoria~
    LOVE your list! I'll be a regular follower.....you were nice enough to rec The Tea Shop Mysteries and I have to let you know I'll be checking that series out right now! Thanks for the suggestion!

    Nice ti meet you!
    ~Chrus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to the days getting longer! Much needed here in the North!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES to the days getting longer!! It's enough that I'm noticing a difference from Christmas-time and that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The days ARE getting longer! It's nice to know Dan can drive home from work and still see a little bit of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thrilled that the days are getting longer too. I am counting down until we change the clocks and get that extra hour!! I can't wait until it's warm enough for walks outside!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)