The Best Way

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The best way to become spiritually minded is, quite simply, to ask God!

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given Him.

This applies to wisdom about all things. When we struggle to be more like Christ, we need wisdom to get there. Rather than reading the latest book, watching the latest talk-show host, or even turning to a mature Christian for practical "how to's", God tells us in James to ask Him!

Then and only then will we be seeking the Holy Spirit to bring about lasting change in our lives.


3 comments:

  1. Good posts lately,Friend!!

    I also love your new background! *smiles* It definitely livens it up and feels more homey!

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that an amazing verse? Chock-full of limitless promise, I turn to it again and again. And your timely reminder brought God's magnificent promise to my mind once more. I am still amazed! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)