Listening to the Voice

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Today I have felt sort of "ho-hum". It didn't help that the weather was such that I just felt like I had to stay inside.

This evening I picked up a little book that I bought a few weekends ago and my Bible. I sat to have some time with the Lord, knowing that seeking His face would bring me peace, joy, and purpose.

He began to speak to me, through His Word and the words of some of His faithful servants!

Here's what I've been reminded of tonight.

  • The secret to serving God in any circumstance is keeping a quiet heart.
  • The quiet heart is one that rests in Jesus.
  • 1 Corinthians 10:13 and Isaiah 66:13.
  • When God looks at me He sees the work of His Son in my life.
  • I am rich in Him.
  • Nothing I could: be, have, or do would add any lasting sense of fulfillment to my life.
  • Contentment, with godliness, is great gain!
Forgive me for not getting my thoughts across very well. Trying to sum up my time with God tonight is no easy task - He used many things to get these points across to me and finally after about two weeks I think I'm beginning to hear!


2 comments:

  1. Don't you love those sweet times when you say in amazement, "God, I think I'm finally starting to get it!" Thank you for sharing--it encourages me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lauren!

    I found that enjoying these times seems to make all the going out and doing sweet as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)