How Does Your Mind Work?

Saturday, October 24, 2009


This week, I did some serious reading. There was something that came up several times. Not surprisingly, the issue was something I'd been pondering before the reading even began.

I've been wrestling with being spiritually minded. What I mean is, having God, His Kingdom, His Word, and His purposes on my mind at all times. The mindset that I long to have would change everything about me. It would make me able to look at circumstances, people, EVERYTHING differently and help me to act accordingly.

So, here's the verse that I came across at least three different times this week:

2 Corinthians 5:16
From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh.
Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer.


Here's an article that I found very encouraging.

Have you grown in your spiritual mindedness? Do you have any verses to share?

It is my prayer that I would continue to grow in this area. My goal in this life is to disciple as many people as I possibly can for the cause of Christ. I'm beginning to realize that if I'm not spiritually minded I'll be going about it all the wrong way and will miss loads of opportunities to delight in God by myself and with others.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds a lot like what I've been thinking about and posting about, Victoria! A friend and I have been thinking about how what you immerse yourself in is what you will know and think about. I don't know Scripture well enough, and the solution is obvious--immerse myself!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)