The Circle: A Coffee Date

Tuesday, January 28, 2014



I found out about another monthly link up called"The Circle" thanks to my friend Amy who is co-hosting along with Kiki this month! Apparently each month has its own theme. I'm excited to jump right in! 



*Where are you seated?*

By the window in my living room. I love coffee shops, but I'm not one to go there to work. In fact, I absolutely despise going out to eat by myself...If I'm going to a coffee shop to sit, I'll be meeting someone there! 
 
 
 
*What are you sipping/munching on?*


This winter, it's been hot chocolate. I'm usually a tea or latte drinker. Lately, I can't get enough of a simple mug of hot chocolate with a splash of milk and a giant marshmallow or two.



  *What you want to get off your chest first? (Feel free to be as deep as you would like.) *

 I've been thinking a lot about TIME lately. I live in a community where I pretty much know everyone that I see any given day. I've watched many of them grow old and quite a few of them begin to start their own families. I might comment on that...I'd ask you what you'd like to remember about the time you've had so far. 

I'd smile a lot because I've been a little overwhelmed by just how special the relationships I have built over the years truly are. 

After that, I'd get down to the meat. I'd ask you how you're REALLY doing. I'd love to hear about what you've been learning from God through your time in His Word.  



*If you could choose anyone (besides us of course) who would you have coffee with?*
 
Besides all of the girlfriends I have and the dead guys I'd love to meet...I'd pick:
 
John Piper - I'd just like to talk to him about life as if he was a wise man that lived next door. 
Dennis and Darlene - they're an older couple that have been a big part of my life ever since I met them quite a few years ago...I've spent a lot of time with them particularly over the last few summers. They're over 70 but I've had more midnight conversations with them during my visits than with anyone else. I haven't really seen them since fall and I've been missing them lately. 

Mary Higgins Clark - Yes, the queen of suspense. I've always wanted to meet her. Her books made me fall in love with NYC and Cape Cod. We'd talk about writing and her travels and hopefully have a good long chat about God.


*What is inspiring you lately?*

 Reading through the Bible instead of books the way that I read books (post on that here). 

The freshness of a new year.

The progress of the work being done on and in my bedroom.

Thoughts of worship, emotions, and the human mind. (You'll probably hear more about all of that here sometime.)



*What are your plans after coffee?*

I'll tidy up my spot by the window, start some laundry, and grab lunch.







1 comment:

  1. i LOVE your picks of you you would have coffee with.
    man john piper would offer so much wisdom!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)