Winter is for...Movie Marathons

Wednesday, January 29, 2014



On the weekends and sometimes in the evenings, I really enjoy having something to watch. Between Amazon Prime and Netflix, it is rare that I watch something I actually own.

Some of my favorites this winter have been:

Downton Abbey -  I've been going back through all of the seasons. I have always liked Carson, but this time around, I'm beginning to like Mary, A LOT. 

Which character(s) do you like?

Manor House - I really enjoyed this "survivor" type TV show. People accepted a challenge to live in and run a manor house up to the standards and only using what knowledge was available during the early 1900's. If the challenge was to great or they couldn't keep up, participants were replaced. Who knows how accurate it was, but I enjoyed a behind the scenes look and a direct contrast between our lifestyles then and now. 

Ballykissangel - This is a very clean  TV show about a little town in Ireland. It centers around a pub (where the town kind of hangs out) and one of the main characters is a Catholic priest.

Foyle's War - I love a good clean murder mystery TV show and that's exactly what this is. It's set during WWII, but the main focus is a little English village where Foyle still has crimes to solve even though war is at the forefront of the rest of the world's mind. 

The Newsies - Friends in Massachusetts introduced this to me years ago and I shared it with my family earlier this winter. A musical set in New York is bound to be good! 

Sabrina - I'm talking about the movie starring Audrey Hepburn. Do I need to say anything else? 

We're No Angels - Good for a laugh and a small dose of sentiment.

The Harvey Girls - This is an older movie starring Judy Garland. It's set in a town whose only attraction is the railroad and more specifically the jobs it brings along.

Are any of these familiar to you?

What's been on your watch list this winter? 






1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:49 PM

    I REALLY want to start Downton Abbey, but I have no way to watch it. I've considered doing the Amazon Prime trial just to watch what I can! ha!

    And I really want to see The Newsies as well!! I have a friend who saw it on Broadway and said it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)