Ask & Answer pt. 2

Friday, January 16, 2015

December 19, 2014 @ Biltmore House in Asheville, NC

Last month, I started something called Ask & Answer. I had a great response and I'm excited to keep it going!

Here are my answers to this round of questions.
 
Why did you start your blog?

I started blogging almost ten years ago! In the beginning, my goal was to use blogging as an online journal. Over the last few years it has become so much more than that. I love looking through old posts, but now blogging is more about connecting with other bloggers.

What is your favorite book of all time?

I can't choose just one! The Bible is my most treasured book. "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper is the book that has influenced me most. "Stepping On the Cracks" by Mary Downing Hahn is the novel that has stayed with me the longest.

Who has had the biggest impact on you? 


My Mom's parents! My Ghiddu died when I was 8 and my Grandma died when I was 12, but the things that they taught me, the memories we made together, and the love that they shared with me are things that I hope I never forget. I've lived my life without them longer than I ever got to live it with them, but I am always thinking about them. That makes their impact pretty obvious!

Which chore around the house is your least favorite?

Cleaning the microwave. This chore may have the biggest pay off, but it is the one chore that I always put off.


Now it's your turn! I would love it if you would answer all of the questions down in the comments. If you have more questions for next time, be sure to leave those too!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, love the picture! I went to the Bilmore 3 years ago...what a gorgeous place.

    I feel the same way about blogging. When I first started, I was in school and I basically just used it to vent about my classes. But I've made a lot awesome friends through the experience. :)

    And ughhh, I agree about cleaning the microwave. I hate doing that!

    I have a question for you...What's your favorite place you've ever visited?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i HATE cleaning the microwave, too! thankfully someone told me that if you microwave a wet paper towel it helps steam the microwave so the stuck-on food comes off easier....but still. ughh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mehmaw4:28 PM

    Why did you start your blog? Well, I'm not sure when I started the blog...but it was to record daily life. That blog dropped off into oblivion for me. Not sure if I'll get back to it or not.

    What is your favorite book of all time? duh...To Kill A Mockingbird. Everyone should have at least one copy of this on their bookshelf and read it every few years.

    Who has had the biggest impact on you? I have no idea. Glad Ghiddu and Grandma Bingo are so well-loved and honored in your memories. If I had to name someone - it would be a set - and it would be my kids. Kids just have a way of impacting you. Especially that first kid. Oh my, don't even get me started!!! :-D

    Which chore around the house is your least favorite? Most likely sweeping. Brooms just don't work like they used to when I was a kid. Of course, I may not have cared as much when I was a kid. ...and now, well, my eyesight is going, so I can't see the stuff left behind as well. So, maybe, just maybe, it may move up on the list!

    Question time....let's see....of the years you have lived thus far - which year is the most memorable and why?


    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate cleaning the microwave too. I love the picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man I JUST told jordan I need to clean our microwave. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I am not a fan of cleaning out the microwave either! I don't know if I have a least favorite chore or not, though. Maybe cleaning the bathtub? It's not like it takes long. I'm not sure what it is that I don't like about it, haha!

    I started blogging as a teenager to keep in touch with far-away friends (before social media was a thing). And then after I graduated college I picked up blogging again as a place to keep up with my recipes (before Pinterest was a thing). :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)