|October 2, 2014|
It's fun to take note of the things that I learn each month. It's amazing how many times I say, "I never knew that!" So...Here we go, here are six things that I learned in October.
* Pluto is officially a planet again!!! You cannot know what this means to me. Change is never okay, especially when it comes to things like stars vs planets. * Update on Nov. 7, 2014 - My thanks go to Rach for finding THIS LINK for me!
* My Mom ran a 5k when she was 18ish with her sister (my Aunt Linda and her husband). Since she was the only one in her age group (how times have changed), she took first place in it! Way to go, Mom!!!
* I always think of Nature Valley Oat & Honey Bars as "new" and "exciting" and yet I've been eating them since 3rd grade when my teacher had them in the reward drawer for math games. Why am I still thinking this? They are not new at all.
* At the top of your gmail inbox there are quotes of the day.
|October 27, 2014|
* There's a difference between a pie pumpkin and a carving pumpkin. Pie pumpkins are smaller and their skins tend to be thicker and uglier. The meat inside is ideal of pies though. 1 pie pumpkin gives about 3 cups of pumpkin which should make you two pies!
|October 18, 2014|
* October 18th is National Chocolate Cupcake Day and frosting lasts two years in the freezer. I whipped up a fresh batch of Joy's Chocolate Cupcakes and just happened to have some left over peanut butter frosting in the freezer...from two years ago. It tasted and felt like I made it fresh!
What did you learn in October?