From Four Days

Friday, April 13, 2012

When I was growing up, we had a tradition around our dinner table every evening. 

We would go around the table with each person giving a "high" and a "low" from their life that day. 

Sometimes the "high" would be a positive thing that happened and the "low" would be a less positive thing that happened. Sometimes both the "high" and the "low" would have a more negative feel to them. Sometimes the "high" was truly a high point and the "low" was truly a low point.

I will *try* to start doing this each week. Just giving a list of highs (and maybe even some lows) from the week.


FROM FOUR DAYS 


Favorite Picture 
(from the week)


Taken from the couch....© Victoria 2012
Highs

(You will notice a theme: WARM WEATHER, SUNSHINE, SPRING.)

* I spent time in the yard cleaning up, relaxing, and studying. 

*Finding an unexpected surprise....Last year I got some mint from a friend of mine and              
  wasn't sure if it would come back or not. It did!

 © Victoria 2012
*It's time for another baseball season.

*Sitting on my porch swing, anytime really, but especially during my new favorite time of   
  day

*Pulling out my warm weather recipes. 

*That Together For the Gospel is happening again. Thousands of men are there and I am   
  happy for them. I am also happy that they post the messages online and I listen at home! 

*Playing basketball in the driveway again. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Then I can praise God with you for the highs, and pray for your lows! I definitely enjoyed the sunshine as well, this week, and my high would have to be the glorious celebration of Christ's Resurrection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that tradition! I want to do that with my own little family someday. Conversations around the dinner table. So so so important! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)