What's That Smell

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Warning...I've got a lot to say and there won't be any pictures. 

For a couple of weeks our fridge had been getting a little stinky. 

At first it was just a slight souring smell.

I thought...
WHAT IS THAT SMELL?
Maybe it is the different cheeses we have in there.
OR
Maybe it's just me.
OR
No, it's got to be SOMETHING, because it's getting worse.

At this point, there was absolutely nothing obvious or left that could be causing that smell, which was now quite horrible. 

I decided that it was time to pull EVERYTHING out and find the problem.

I began on the top shelf. At the very back of the very top shelf was a can of evaporated milk. The can of milk was small and there was barely anything left. I'm honestly not even sure why it was in there. 

But, let me tell you, the smell disappeared as soon as the can was removed.
(I didn't think you'd enjoy a picture of a can of rotten milk.....)

Something so small and so simple. Every time the door opened and even a little while after the door had been closed I could smell it. 

Since I am always thinking about the simple things and comparing them to bigger things in life this turned into a two part post...Come back Thursday to hear the rest! 
  

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read the rest! And I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. It's like a game..try to find the thing that is making your fridge smell...that usually lasts wayyy to long.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)