The Scenic Route

Monday, April 16, 2012

Friday 
I baked some cookies.
Fixed tacos for dinner.
 Was laundry day... 
Just so that I could pull out my warm weather clothes. 
Watched "And Then There Were None" (again).


Yes, a chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips and orange juice. Why not?  

Saturday
I woke up to find an absolutely gorgeous day waiting.
The air was crisp and fresh. 
I played cards and speedminton.
Admired the flowers that are finally starting to bloom. 
Went downtown for lunch, the library, and the store. 


A piece of the yard at sunset.
A package from my grandparents.
Contents of said package....Yes, more chocolate and peanut butter. 
Summer is coming, getting some sun! 

 Kids were out with their friends, lawnmowers were buzzing,  and the hardware store had a bunch of flowers out on the sidewalk.

Later in the day, we did some yard work of our own and a friend stopped by on his way back into town. 

Sunday
 A day of leisure
I read some of that new novel I picked up a few weeks ago.
Took some time to write
Sat and listened to the sounds of spring. 

Aside from a neighbor next door, I can't say that I heard a single lawnmower. Kids weren't even out playing. It was just slow and quiet. 

Scripture for the Week
Isaiah 26 especially vs. 3-4
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You,
because he trusts in You. 
Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." 


This week is going to be a busy one, so I was glad to have some time without having anything planned. 
This weekend was filled with sunshine, lots of laughs, and the peacefulness that new life brings. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds blissful! I love it when God gifts me weekends like that!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)