A few weeks ago, I began to ask myself what was special about November. What do we enjoy in November that we don't necessarily have the chance to enjoy the rest of the year? I couldn't really answer it.
My mother, being the wise woman that she is, said, "November is the time to just keep enjoying fall."
She might have a point. Come November, we're still wearing sweaters and boots and scarves. We're still drinking cider and cooking with apples and pumpkins. We're still having fires and curling up with blankets. The nights are still coming sooner. In November, it's (mostly) still fall.
I think that the thankfulness they stirred up in November probably plays a big part in their JOY during December.
Remember the cycle of joy I mentioned? Yeah...I'm sticking to believing in that.
Time for a list of fall things I am thankful for:
* hot drinks - cocoa, coffee, tea, you name it, I love it
* holidays - my "little" brother turns 20 this year and who doesn't love Thanksgiving
* the COLORS
* the fact that I am pretty much forced to sit down and read more
* the feeling of newness and slowing down and starting over
* getting our homes ready for the winter
* the clothes
* bringing out new candles
* baking again
* making lots and lots of comfort food
What are some of your favorite fall things?
Have you been remembering that the Lord is at hand? Has that had you rejoicing always and thanking and praising?