Again

Thursday, April 23, 2015

April 22, 2015

The last few weeks have been FULL in the best way. I have so many things to share with all of you.     I've been working in the flower beds (weed patrol), reading so many good books (The Book Thief, The Giver, The Island of Dr. Libris, and The Eyre Affair), spring cleaning, and discovering new things on tv (Life With Elizabeth and Mr. and Mrs. Murder). I got to go to my friend Heidi's house three times over the last month and her daughter spent five days at our house. CYT classes have started up again. It's spring and life is moving at exactly one million miles an hour.

My sister will be 17 a week from tomorrow! She continues to amaze me with who she is becoming. She wants sheet music, Sue Thomas on DVD, a palomino, and peace in her life. That girl reminds me so much of myself at 17. Every day is bursting at the seams with places to be and jobs to be done. She's trying to figure out where she is going in this life and how she'll get there. The uncertainties overwhelm her at times, but then she stops and realizes that it's all going to be okay. 

Meanwhile, my friend Alice turned 91 two weeks ago. I've been trying to spend more time with her because I know how much it means to her and I don't know how much longer we'll have. On my visit last week, she brought up what she called "waste basket memories". I've been going over her words in my mind and I'm looking forward to writing about them here. 

Life and blogging can be strange. Sometimes the balance is easy and comes naturally. Other times, it seems like we're forced to choose between the two. You know how it goes. Here's to not waiting 20 days before I post again! :)

What have you been up to?

What did you get for your 17th birthday? 


4 comments:

  1. it's good to live life though :) the blog will always be here! can't wait to hear about waste basket memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing more of Alice's stories!

    I wanted to read "The Book Thief" but never got around to making that happen before I broke and just watched the movie. It was really enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think it's healthy when we let life take us away and not worry about keeping up with a blog or IG feed or whatever else. Enjoying the moment is what truly matters! Your sister sounds so precious. I can't remember what I got at 17. I know I had friends over for a Monster's Inc themed gathering. Haha. Alice sounds wonderful. Can't wait to hear more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to hear about waste basket memories!! And I totally get needing to spend time just living life (which is the reason I've been such a bad blog reader/writer/commenter lately) Sometimes it just has to happen. I love all the things your sister wants for her birthday…so sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)