Lens Revolution: Composition

Friday, April 24, 2015


I got some really great shots for Samantha's latest Lens Revolution assignment! Composition is the element of photography that allows the most freedom. I love playing around with it and trying to figure out why photographers chose the set up that they did.

The challenge this week was to play around with four types of shots. I went outside to my favorite little tree because it happens to be showing off right now. These were taken on a cloudless day with my Canon Rebel XTi equipped with a 55-250mm zoom lens.

Let me know which shot is your favorite!


I've always known that I tend to take shots according to the "rules". My pictures are usually composed according to the rule of thirds and I like to zoom in so that I leave very little negative space. As a blogger, negative space comes in handy when creating graphics. I've really wanted to work on that style simply because it doesn't come naturally to me.

This week's challenge forced me to play with negative space. I'm pretty sure that that last shot is my absolute favorite.  I learned more about my style and also got to go through about 50 shots to see what I feel works and what just doesn't work for me. 

Be sure to check out Samantha's blog for the next assignment


The Lens Revolution at Through * For * By:

Week Three: Understanding Lighting (n/a)
Week Four: Tri-Pod Selfies (n/a)

5 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing! I have a DSLR in my amazon wishlist for when I have saved enough but I can't wait to learn more about photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are ALL so beautiful! i especially love the last one--if i HAD to pick ;) (also what's your camera equipped with?! such a cliff-hanger!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the last one! So pretty. Love that purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SO gorgeous!! I literally can't choose a favourite. I don't generally leave a lot of negative space either…it's something I'm working on too! Along with…well…everything. Photography doesn't come naturally to me, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! That last one is probably my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)