What I Learned in April

Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 27, 2015

The end of another month is upon us!  Here are five things that I learned in April:


1. April is National Grilled Cheese Month. This was a great excuse to fix grilled cheese and tomato soup for my family!

2. That sometimes TV teaches you new words. I heard "collusion" twice in one night! Webster's 1828 gives the following definition for collusion "In law, a deceitful agreement or compact between two or more persons, for the one party to bring an action against the other." I've never heard of this word in my life, but one night I heard it in two different shows that we watched. (A Place to Call Home and The Twilight Zone)


via                                                                                                       via 

3. Dressage actually refers to English style equestrian events and not an event where the horse and rider are dressed up in costumes. I've lived 24 years thinking the exact opposite. Thankfully, my Mom cleared this up for me as we were sitting outside of a gas station last Monday

4. Essential oils are not as weird as I thought. Confession: I've had two warts on my hand for most of a year. Recently, I noticed another one. I have no idea where they came from, but they weren't going away. SOOO, my Mom (She's the best, I tell you!) pulled out her reference book and put together a blend. Needless to say, IT WORKED! 


via - Be sure to check out her SALE!

5. Rosemary is good for memory.  Like I said, maybe there really is something to essential oils! I haven't tested this one out yet. If the adage has been around since Shakespeare's time, it must be true!

PS - I happened upon the Blue Poppy etsy shop as I was looking for a graphic with Shakespeare's quote and found that they're having a pretty good sale! If you're looking for a quote to add to your gallery wall, check her out! 
  


What did you learn this month?

Did you already know about any of the things I learned?



You can also find me over at 
The Quiet Place talking about gratitude today!


 


7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love "A Place To Call Home"? You are the only person, besides us, I know who watches it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You taught me several new things, Victoria! Also, I really enjoy the look of your blog-- so clean and pretty. Glad to have met you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just from reading this post, your mom does seem awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I not know that April is grilled cheese month?! I love a good grilled cheese! Clearly this needs to happen TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I buy homemade products from Sam Wish who uses essential and all natural products to make bath soaks and the like. My favorite is her 'Unsick Stick'; I swear by it! She's a fun blogger to check out: http://mylatestobsession3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, I adore a great grilled cheese! Um! And yes, essential oils are amazing. We use Young Living for EVERYTHING! Totally changed our approach to wellness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea April was grilled cheese month! Weirdly, I made more grilled cheese than usual in April without even knowing that. Maybe I knew subconsciously? So cool about the essential oils...do you know what your Mom used in her blend? I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)