Currently: June 2015

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

May 25, 2015
I cannot tell you how happy I am that June is here! The next few months are always my absolute favorite time of the year. I've got four weeks worth of fresh meal plans that I plan to put on rotation to make that part of my life a little more simplified. I just finished sorting through every stitch of clothing that I own. Summer is most definitely here and that alone is enough to make me ecstatic!!!

Today I'm joining Jenna and Anne to talk about what I'm currently...

Playing: My favorite Pandora stations and three podcasts on repeat. Sam Cooke, Glen Miller, and Christian Rap Radio on Pandora. The Briefing, Books On The Nightstand, and John Piper for podcasts. What stations and podcasts are your favorite?

Honorable mention go to backgammon and a card game called "Flinch" that we picked up at a thrift store on vacation while we were waiting for the bowling alley to open.

Going: After spending Memorial Day Weekend at the ranch, we've been driving to the city quite a bit. We'll talk more about that later. On Saturday, I went with my Mom, brother, and sister to see "Tomorrowland". Have you seen it yet?!?!

Wearing: Like I said, I went through every stitch of clothing that I own and I'm super excited to go through this season's clothes one more time when winter sets in to see if there is anything else that can be cut.

I've been hitting heavy on my spring/summer uniform (a flowy skirt that allows for leggings when necessary along with a navy blouse) and some sandals that I picked up at Wal-Mart just before our vacation to Lake Chelan. If I'm not wearing that I can be found in a maxi dress or my gauchos with a handful of shirts that I pair them with! Is it just me or is summer the easiest season to dress for?

Sipping: Water, Arnold Palmers, and iced coffee. On Monday I brewed up a little mint water for the first time and listen up, YOU'VE GOT TO TRY IT!!!

Here's what you do: I have one of those infusing waterbottles (thanks to my awesome sister!!!), so I ripped up the leaves of about 4 three inch stalks, put them into the little trap, filled up the bottle and stuck it in the fridge for a few hours before removing the leaves and enjoying the fresh minty water!

Reading: "Called: My Journey to CS Lewis's House and Back Again" which is the last book on my May reading listt and one of my favorite books so far this year! I have learned so much about Lewis from this book and I'm excited to hear more about what the author learned from his journey!

I'm also going through ""Watership Down" for a unit on literary analysis with my brother and sister. This is a book I've heard so much about, but that I've never read. So far, so good! Have you read it? 




It's been a while since we've done an Ask & Answer post! Will you please do me a favor and leave me a question in the comments?

What are you up to? 

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE mint water! I usually make mine with cucumbers or limes, but it's great on its own too :-)

    Summer dressing is the easiest…I always feel really low maintenance in the summer, because it's too nice outside to feel like shopping. I'm way more likely to just throw on 'whatever', and I kind of love it.

    How did you like Tomorrowland? I'm excited to see that one!

    Hmm…Ask and Answer questions! This one is probably on the blog somewhere and I've just missed it, but what kind of camera do you use? And do you have any favourite photography resources, or did you figure it out on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian Rap, love it! ha! I used to really be into a duo that went by the name "Grits," (is that right? it's been so long...) Ever heard of them?

    Glad you saw Tomorrowland! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I want to try mint water! I have been putting citrus strawberries and cucumber in my water and love it. I think a little mint would be yummy too! I think I need to get that book on CS Lewis! That sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am OBSESSED with Arnold Palmers. Good choice!

    A question... I haven't read all your Q&As, so I don't know if this has been asked yet. What do you love most (and dislike most) about the blogging culture/community?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Lake Chelan! I used to go every summer because my grandparents lived there. It's been a few years now, but we want to go back. It'll just be so different not staying in my grandparents' house. Now I have to try and stalk you and see where you're from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mint water... sounds intriguing! As does this book on CS Lewis. Thanks for linking up as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw one of your other commentors above mentioned GRITS... that was the first group I thought of too when I saw you mentioned that you'd been listening to Christian rap lately. I remember loving them when I was a teenager. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mehmaw6:16 PM

    If you could go anywhere and eat anything...what would the scenery/atmosphere of your place of choice look like and what delicious morsels would be set before you?

    What is your favorite scent?

    What memory is triggered by your senses alone...and what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mint water sounds so good! I've had mint and cucumber water before and it was delicious. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)