What I'm Into: June 2015

Tuesday, June 30, 2015


What I'm Watching

I've done a lot less watching and a lot more reading this month!

I got into The Next Food Network Star on Netflix. It's MOSTLY good.

My Mom and I watched a movie called "The Words" on Netflix and it was also MOSTLY good.



In the Kitchen

The summer meal plan is still going strong! It's been so nice to KNOW what we're eating without giving it much thought. Fruit night is officially my favorite. I'd eat fruit and cheese all summer long.

The grilling is going well. My adaptation of these BBQ Pork Burgers got a blue ribbon! They had me at "grilled pineapple".

Strawberry Shortcake also hit the spot!



What I'm Reading

You can see what I read in June and get a short review on each book here. There were quite a few. If I had to pick one favorite it would be Watership Down by Richard Adams.

I'm really excited about July's list!!! Mary Higgins Clark's latest release (she's got THREE books coming out this year, so you'll be hearing me talk about her more than usual) is the one I'm most looking forward to, I think.

I'm currently studying the book of Galatians too. Over the last week I've been going over what it means to (in the words of John Piper), "submit my mind and the attitudes of my heart" to this Word.


Around the Internet

My Mom showed me this video. I cried. Have you seen it?

I heard about Sorted Food on America's Test Kitchen Podcast. I haven't looked around a bunch, but their accents are a-okay by me! If THEY had a podcast, I'd definitely listen!

I've really enjoyed reading about Amy's latest vacation! Her pictures are GORGEOUS.

God wrote a book. We all need to read it!

What are you into? 



I'm linking up with Leigh.  

6 comments:

  1. That video is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit and cheese sounds amazing + red wine for me!:) I love the pictures of all of the vases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:29 PM

    that was such a beautiful video. I had no idea it would be so emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video is amazing. So sweet! And I love that you said those shows were mostly okay haha. Honest reviews for days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH fruit and cheese IS SO GOOD!!!! love it. and i'm so impressed with all your reading--i have to make myself do it these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM, fruit and cheese!! What kind of cheese do you eat with it? That video is so cute! Those pork burgers sound great too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)