What I Learned in February 2016

Monday, February 29, 2016

Feb. 29, 2016

We've covered a lot of ground this February. I'm amazed at just how much we packed into this short month. Who is ready for another round of Emily's What I Learned link up? Here are six things from my list!

Francis Hodgson Burnett, the author of "The Secret Garden", wrote other books. To name a few: "The Shuttle," "The Making of a Marchioness," "The Methods of Lady
Walderhurst
," "That Lass o' Lowries," "Through One Administration,"
"Little Lord Fauntleroy" and "A Lady of Quality".

How to clean a gas range. Simple enough, but a tutorial gives me confidence that I'm doing it "right". Don't be afraid to pull out the 409 for tough spots.

Command + c = copy. Thanks to my sister for the tutorial after learning how clueless I was about these shortcuts. Rach also commented to tell me about command + z = undo and command + x = cut. Apparently EVERYONE knows and uses these shortcuts except me. What else am I missing out on, people? 

Free Willy was filmed in Mexico City and off of the coasts of WA and OR. This was one of my favorite movies when I was little. I never even thought about filming locations.

About 3/4 of writing fiction is simply making decisions. Setting, plot, time period, character names, and every single detail is a fork in the road waiting for your to decide as an author. I'm hoping it gets easier with practice!

Rosa Parks' collection of papers and pictures are available online. Her reflections after her arrest in 1955, this picture from 1948, and a pancake recipe that she jotted down are some of my favorites so far. 

What did you learn this month?

And...What are you doing with your "extra" day this year? 

4 comments:

  1. Headed over to see how to clean my gas range. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cried when I saw Free Willy as a kid. It's already March here in the Philippines but yesterday was a day of productivity :) Dropping by from Leigh Kramer's linkup!

    Patricia | victapolis.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only know ctrl/command + P for print, thanks for the other ones!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I could help out! I grew up in a pretty tech savvy family so there are a lot of things I take for granted in that way.

    I haven't seen Free Willy since I was a kid. That was such a great movie!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)