The Scenic Route

Monday, December 03, 2012

Well, the past weekend was one where I did only what had to be done. I only took a few pictures and I don't think I even left the house. 

I don't know how it happened. I just know that I'm to the point where I enjoy times like that. 

Here are a couple of pictures from Thanksgiving....



There hasn't been much in the way of BLUE or SUNNY skies lately. I may have spent the day inside, but I loved looking out the window to see THIS day out there.



I can't help but admit that I look slightly like death, especially in the eyes...But, these "munchkins" have been growing TONS lately so I felt like we needed to get a picture to document their success in the growing department!



A science experiment that WORKED!!! In school, we did so many experiments and yet I only remember a handful of them going the way the teacher wanted them to. Did you have that experience too?

On experiment days we only got excited about things AFTER it worked. Otherwise, my class would have rather just done a worksheet. Last week, these two had an experiment that worked so well, they couldn't get enough of it!


The other day I mentioned that there were some things I would like to change about my life. Well, there are some things I wouldn't change too...It's those things that help to keep me focused and determined to make the best of things. I love the time that I am able to spend with my sister, brother, and Mom.


I have been preparing for advent since the beginning of November. I put together a calendar as well as activities, Scripture memory, and a study using that book I keep mentioning "Seeing and Savoring Christ" by John Piper.

I was excited to start USING all of these things yesterday with the beginning of Advent!


Yesterday I had to put some finishing touches on my project...Here you see all the essentials. Yes, we have tables. I just seem to prefer the floor. 


How was your weekend? 
Was it lazy and restful or busy? 
What are you doing for Advent this year?

1 comment:

  1. i have tables too...however, often find myself doing work on my laptop anywhere but.

    happy belated thanksgiving, and keep on enjoying those relaxing days!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)