New Discovery

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I recently discovered this website. If you click on the link, you'll find a website that is devoted to J.C. Ryle quotes. All though I am not very familiar with the works of this man of God, so far I've greatly enjoyed just about every quote they have posted. 

If you are familiar with Ryle, would you please take a moment to recommend a work of his that you think I should check out? 

If you're not, I encourage you to see what J.C. Ryle Quotes has to offer!

To give you a small taste, I wanted to share today's post with you:

"It does cost something to be a real Christian, according to the standard of the Bible. There are enemies to be overcome, battles to be fought, sacrifices to be made, an Egypt to be forsaken, a wilderness to be passed through, a cross to be carried, a race to be run.”

“Conversion is not putting a man in an arm-chair and taking him easily to heaven. It is the beginning of a mighty conflict, in which it costs much to win the victory.”

~ J.C. Ryle

Faithfulness and Holiness: The Witness of J.C. Ryle, p. 174.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Victoria!

    J.C. Ryle is fantastic! I'd recommend his book "Holiness" - it's great.

    Pastor Larry

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)