Into Captivity

Thursday, November 19, 2009


Another familiar verse came to mean something new to me this week.

We've all heard it many times "Take every thought captive to Christ". It's a common phrase spoken by many Christians and yet, how many of us actually DO this? Do we even really know what it means?

I'll be honest, this elementary practice was something I had not fully wrapped my mind around. I don't know how I've managed to go this long without maturity in this area, but it's true, I have not.

Yes, I strive to live out Romans 12:1-2, but I've begun to realize that without 2 Corinthians 10:1-6, I really can't have my mind renewed.

So, what's the latest truth that God has revealed to me?

Simply put: Taking every thought captive to Christ means, taking every thought that pops into my mind and making it obedient to Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)