It's My Life: A Song

Thursday, July 22, 2010

If you read the post over at the blog I contribute to, this will not be new to you, but for those of you who didn't jump over there I wanted to share this with you.

This is a song that the Lord used to show me that the spiritual darkness I recently went through was indeed conquered.



There are two points that especially stuck out to me:

"Jesus help me quickly I hate the wrong I’ve done; I know we all fall but I feel like the only one; Feels like I should be shunned; Should I punish myself; I know it’s dumb cause by Your death all my sin has been dealt; But my sin is been felt; I didn’t want to do it; but what I want to do I don’t; I swear I’m goin through it; I’m trying to open up my Bible need to read Your pages;
need You Lord but my guilt has got me feeling so faithless; Help me see where grace is; take me back to the basics;
help me find my joy in You and not people and places; my sin is ever before me I turned my back on You; Oh Father break and restore me to bring me back to You."


"Restore Your Joy in me; for You alone I live and die;
It’s You I Glorify cause You don’t want my sacrifice; You want me broken and contrite trusting in the Christ; I confess to You my sin and You show me mercy; I turn away from it demonstrating that You are worthy; over lust, over pride, over all sin; is my affection for Jesus who died for all them/ I was lost now I’m found I was tossed to the ground;
My sin weighed on me heavy but I am no longer bound; As sure as Christ wears the crown; I know that grace will abound; And even when I feel lost I know in You I am found!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)