Lemonade With Ryle Pt. 2

Friday, August 27, 2010


Proverbs 22: 6
"Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

This Scripture is quoted so often and yet when we look at our actual lives, we see that its wisdom has been totally disregarded.

Statements like:
"Oh, you know, kids will be kids"
or
"Boys will be boys"
or
"What can you do?"
or
"Excuse her, she's in her terrible twos. And take it from me, they're terrible!"

Are just a few signs that almost no one is training up their children in the way they should go.

Ryle's first point is quite fitting:

"First, then, if you would train your child rightly, train them in the way they should go, and not in the way that they would."

I'll tell you, Ryle's first point is something I've been thinking of and quoting ever since I read it.

Over the next few days, I'll be posting direct quotes that relate to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)