On My Mind

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Okay, this is going to make me look rather foolish. The truth is, I am a total fool. Thankfully though, by the grace of God, through the blood of Jesus and the work of the Holy Spirit, I have been given new life! Rather than living like the fool I am, I have been given the joy of living like Jesus Christ!


You know how you read about great saints who spent their lives passionately serving God? Or you are blessed by teaching from someone who is spending their life passionately serving God? And then you just want to read as much as they've written as you can, listen to as much of their teaching as you can, and better yet, be around them as much as you can...You want to be a fly on the wall in their house, in their prayer closet, know how they meet with God, how they worship Him...In short, you just want to learn as much as you can from them so that you're life might bless others the way their life has blessed you. Surely I'm not the only one who has thought these things!

I have been inspired by many such saints. I have wanted to be like many of them. In the last few weeks I've come to realize something extremely important. As usual, it's rather simple.

I am not those saints. I am not called to be those saints.

I am called to know God. I am called to be changed by God. I am saved by Jesus and made new. I am known by God! I am His child, destined to spend eternity with Him! That is enough.

Thankfully, that same God who has worked and is working in the lives of those great saints that have inspired me, is working in my life! By His grace, I will indeed inspire others to glorify Him as I simply obey Him in my everyday life.

By His grace, my life will not be wasted. By His grace I will have strength to face each day, whatever it holds, with a spirit of peace and boldness and hope.

By His grace Acts 20:24 will be more than a prayer or a hope or a dream. By His grace it will be a description of what my great God has done with my life.

But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself,
if only I may finish my course and athe ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus,
to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)