The Scenic Route...Sunday Morning Baking

Monday, August 20, 2012

Sunday morning called for some baking. With summer here and the temps being right around 100, I just don't have it in me to do much in the kitchen at all. Yesterday was probably the first time I have baked in two months! 

I got onto the internet and checked around for a NEW recipe. What I found involved....

Sugar

Chocolate 

Peanut butter

         
....You get the idea. It was just sure to be GOOD! Joy the Baker's recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes is what I found myself with this morning.  



Sometimes I bake all alone, sometimes I have company, sometimes I have spectators. This morning, the house was empty. So, Matt Chandler "joined" me. I listened to part 3 of the Holiness series that I mentioned last week

These were some DARK cupcakes. The batter, well, it was pretty much AMAZING. Almost better than brownie batter amazing. Oh, and Joy didn't mention eggs...It didn't seem to matter. Not too cakey, not too fudgy. Just perfectly moist chocolate cupcakes.


 Some hints from me:

*I didn't want a whole bunch of these things around, so I cut the recipe in half. 

*Don't be shy with the batter. I filled the cupcake cups and had some left over. I happily ate it with a spoon, but I could have put it into the cups and that would have been just fine.

* Even with a half batch of frosting, I had a good bit left over. This time I popped that into the freezer to use later. Next time, I'll just make even less. 

*As soon as they are cooled and frosted, people eat them. There were 12 cupcakes. By the time I got around to taking pictures, there were 9. They're good. :) 

*************************************************

When do you like to bake...morning, the middle of the night, when do you put on the apron? 

Does summer slow you down too? 

What should I add to my list of recipes to try out? 



I made these just because I wanted to bake, but they were a great snack too! Some had them with coffee, others with milk, and I had mine with some iced water. As usual, Joy DID NOT disappoint! 

Just in case you missed it, here's the link to the original recipe before I fiddled with it! 

3 comments:

  1. that. looks. amazing. And unfortunately, I haven't eaten dinner yet but now kind of just want to skip right to dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM! I need to get on the internet and find some dinner inspiration for this week too! So I guess that means I need to stop reading blogs, huh?! Ha! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, i'm drooling!
    THOSE LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)