S'more, Please

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A year or so ago, "s'more" everything was all the rage. Everyone was making s'more cookies, bars, and pies. I couldn't wait to get in on it! There was only one problem. Ever single recipe I saw was basically chocolate bars, marshmallows, and graham crackers smooshed and repurposed. 

Eventually, I came across a recipe that wasn't quite so boring. I bookmarked it and decided to save it for later. Last summer, later never came. 


Last Saturday, we had the first cook out of the year and I decided it would be the perfect day to make that S'more Pie I'd been so excited about. 

After it turned out, I knew I wanted to share it with you here! Unfortunately for you, I was so excited to actually eat it that I just snapped a few quick pictures with an iPod...

I'll put a link to the original recipe at the bottom of this post. If you make the pie, I'd love to hear from you!!! 

The only tips I have: 

Nope, there is no added sugar in the filling. That's okay, don't freak out. I used 8oz of chocolate, half bittersweet and half semisweet. 

The marshmallow fluff goes FAST, it might be helpful to have someone else scrape it out of the pan while YOU blend it up....



 Click HERE for the recipe complete with a printable file over at Just A Taste

Do you have a favorite cook out recipe? 

While we're recipe swapping...

Do you have a favorite potato salad recipe?

What about a recipe for a raspberry, pineapple, pecan jello salad with 7up in it?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)