Setting Goals

Monday, November 11, 2013

Have you noticed how many writers were captivated by fall? Jane Austen helped me to notice, in "Persuasion" she wrote :



My favorite piece outside of this is F. Scott Fitzgerald's "life starts over again when it gets crisp in the fall." Now, I know, it snowed the other day, BUT, it's fall until the day after Thanksgiving. 
 
Like Austen, "every poet worthy of being read", Fitzgerald, and probably even you, fall inspires me.

Fall is a time for me to reset. Resetting looks like reflecting on what has happened and resolving to adjust, change, or continue. 

This year, my fall resolves or goals look like this:

* Get the last few credits I need to FINALLY complete my degree. (College got off to a roaring start for me back in Jan 2008. I worked sooo hard through 2010. The last few years have obviously been spent NOT doing school.) - Math credits and Public Speaking credits have been waiting. 
 
* Study writing and set aside time to write. This is my "reward" after finishing ^that^. I'm putting together a list of resources that I plan to go through. 

* Find a "from scratch" recipe for alfredo sauce

* Begin journaling recipes again.

* Get your hair healthy, trim a tiny bit every six weeks no matter what. (Since I cut my own hair, it's not about saving $$...I just need to do regular trims.) 
 
* Keep DRINKING from that fountain of living water that God has led you to! If you haven't been reading, this just means read the Bible and asking God to use it to show me more of Him. 


 
What are your goals? 
 
Do you have a favorite quote about fall?





2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:16 AM

    Great goals! I want to finish reading books that I have started, I should really do the hair trim every 6 weeks, I want to draw more, I want to learn how to make biscuits from scratch, I want get to my next weight loss goal... and so much more. :) Happy Fall!

    And I agree. It lasts until after Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some fabulous goals!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)