The First of November

Saturday, November 01, 2014


November 1, 2014

It's the first of November. There's something about a new month that makes me want to stop and take stock of things. This morning, I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures of "November".

 I'm sitting here thinking lots of simple things...

My neighbor's cat is missing.

Michelle and Monica and Zachary are coming over this afternoon. I'm planning to make ribs and macaroni and cheese and baked beans and something sweet for dessert.

I should probably make something green.

Having a few games set out would also be a good idea.

My brother will be 22 in 8 days!

Thanksgiving is going to be really different this year. Jay won't be coming and we invited a couple that we've never invited before.

I'm still working my way through 1 Peter. I'm not sure if I'll finish it before winter gets here.

This mug cake never grows old. I had one last night while watching Downton Abbey. 

Tonight we turn the clocks back.

This is the month that things will slow down and other things will speed up. I think I'm ready.

Are you?




a blurry picture...but that cat!

2 comments:

  1. I love ribs. Our women's bible study is going through 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1,2, &3 John, and Jude. We end in May so we will start 2 Peter in Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... ribs and mac & cheese! And mug cake! All so good! Clearly I'm hungry, haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)