What I Learned in March 2016

Thursday, March 31, 2016


We've reached the very last day of  March which means that it's time to join Emily's link up again. Here are six things that I learned over the course of this month in no particular order.

How to unclog a bathroom sink. This video is super thorough and it was FAR easier than I ever
imagined.

F. Scott Fitzgerald was an atrocious speller and he also kept a detailed record of his life in a ledger. Fitzgerald happens to be one writer that I really admire, so the fact that his spelling MAY have been as bad as mine makes me feel relieved. As for the record keeping, well, it's nice to know that we kind of have that in common too.




That Mrs. Patmore has a first name and it's "Beryl". This slideshow on what the Downton Abbey stars look like in real life is pretty interesting.

The Chronicles of Narnia ARE worth reading and Holy Week is a great time to do it. Stay tuned for my full review in a couple of weeks, but until then, know that I have A LOT to say about my first time reading this WHOLE series.

Bernie's last name is Sanders, NOT Mac and he is a cute old white man, not a middle aged black man. This will tell you exactly how much I pay attention to politics. Truth be told, I have no idea what most politicians look like. I need to work on this. Any tips? 

If I want to remember what I learned, I have to write it down along the way. I only kept track of a few of these in this draft and the rest of what I learned was contained in a mental list which went away the moment I sat down to type this post out. Oops!


What did you learn this month?  



6 comments:

  1. Oh, that's the same with me. I only jotted down a few and then poof, it's gone!

    I do love seeing the Downton cast not in character. Can't wait to hear your review of the Narnia series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so neat to see the Downton characters out of character. :)

    Check out ISideWith.com. It really helps give you an idea of what issues you should be considering and which political candidate could be the best fit for your views. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it reassuring to know writers don't have to be perfect spellers? :) I also learned that CS Lewis had a fundamental inability to do math...makes me feel better about myself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to hear your thoughts on the Narnia series! I read them all last year and LOVED every single one. Do you have a favorite?

    And that is so funny about F. Scott Fitzgerald!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Narnia series! I first read them as a child, but I reread them every few years as an adult. I get so much out of them upon each reread.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)