Currently: August 2016

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Another post coming to you from the drafts folder because I wrote this and want to be able to read it again sometime. It's from August 9th...
 
August 2, 2016 (Photo Credit: My youngest brother.)

Summer is officially winding down. FAST. I'm sitting in my Mom's chair by the window as a big storm is happening outside. We're talking thunder, lightning, and wind. I'm sure the clouds are going to give way to more rain any minute now. It feels like full on FALL. As always, I'm nowhere near ready for summer to end.

The potluck game is still going strong. A new season of auditions will be kicking off in a matter of weeks. We've been settling in with our "new" group of friends and meeting up with them throughout the week. And...Our house, the place that we've called "home" for almost 8 years is currently under contract.

I'm currently...

Hearting: My family. They are amazing. They go after things and try new things and push the limits and don't care what people think or say. They have made new lives for themselves in this town and I'm IMPRESSED. And my brother in SC is one year into his job and continues to amaze me with the life he has made for himself.

Watching: The latest season of The Great British Baking Show. I'm only on episode 3 and I'm pretty sure the guy I'm rooting for is barely hanging in. I better find someone else to cheer on! My brother also took me to see The BFG last week. SOOOO cute! It was a big surprise and the thought he put into it meant so much to me. I love Roald Dahl and that's the ONE movie that I really wanted to see in theatres this summer. Check and check.

Exploring: Plans for fall. New homes. Strategies for focusing on God and leaving my worries behind me.

Creating: Sentences and essays.Witty and lovely notes for the lunches I pack for my brother, sister, and mom. And bouquets of my zinnias that are still going STRONG.

Eating: Fresh sugar snap peas, watermelon, and reese's cups. I'm craving a good hamburger. And the first cucumber (they're REALLY late this year.)

What about you?



1 comment:

  1. I sense a great deal of change blowing in with that wind. You are great at handling whatever comes your way! I'll have to check out the cooking show. I used to watch them all the time.
    I'll play:
    Hearting: My family. My new rooms that were made over during the summer. Finishing up some sewing projects.
    Watching: Ethan and I stumbled across Hitchcock's "How to Catch a Thief." Ethan loved it so we happened to catch "The Man Who Knew Too Much" during a Hitchcock marathon on some channel last week. I've never loved Hitchcock, but I have to admit I never gave him much chance after I saw "The Birds" on television as a little girl. What were my parents thinking?! So no Psycho or The Birds, but we will watch "Dial M for Murder" and a few others. (I didn't realize how many movies Hitchcock made!)
    Exploring: This new school year and how things are playing out after two full weeks. I'm being flexible with my scheduling.
    Creating: Dresses, quilts and other things with fabric.
    Eating: Too many hamburgers! (Ethan's favorite besides pizza.) Skinny chocolate, baked almonds, spaghetti squash.


    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)