Living Proof

Friday, May 16, 2014


May 6, 2014

In Isaiah 49 we get a closer look at the relationship between God the Father and Jesus Christ. In this chapter, we learn exactly what it was that gave Jesus the wherewithal to be obedient to God, even to death, and that death on a cross!

This morning out on the patio as the sky was blue and the birds were singing, something HUGE happened.

Isaiah 49:4 says, "But I said, 'I have labored in vain; I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity; yet surely my right is with the LORD, and my recompense with my God."

Did you see that? Jesus was "worried" (if you can call it that) that everything He did was for NOTHING, for VANITY, and it was done all in VAIN.

Do you know what the Father's answer is?

In Isaiah 49: 6 He says, "It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to bring back the preserved of Israel; I will make you as a light for the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth." 

He goes on at the end of verse 7, "...Kings shall see and arise; princes, and they shall prostrate themselves; because of the LORD, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you." 

April 30, 2014


Of these verses, John Snyder wrote "He has guaranteed His Son that countless multitudes from every nation will love and worship Him! With this before us, we can continue serving. Duties are ours; results are the Lord's."

I realized something...

We are what God guaranteed Jesus! 

Do you understand what that means?

Your salvation, your life, your suffering, your joy...They make you part of what God guaranteed to Jesus as He assured Him that His strength was NOT poured out for nothing. 

Christian, as you live and love and serve in THIS hope that is yours because of Christ, knowing that God is working, you are PROOF - even to Jesus- that God is faithful! 

I hope this encourages your soul like it did mine.

Go read Isaiah 49. While you're at it check out 42, 50, and 53...I've always said Ephesians was my favorite book, but over the last few years Isaiah is catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)