Presidents Day

Thursday, March 12, 2015

March 4, 2015

It was a Monday in February. The first of many days to feel like spring. I decided to walk to town to pick up a few things at the store. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who had been craving fresh air. The boys on the corner of 6th had their bikes out and were playing in the alley. A few blocks later, a family was enjoying a break around a table in their yard. They are the new tenants of a house that is constantly losing one small family and gaining another. Each one puts their own touches on the house. This family is using sheets for curtains and putting up a fence around the back yard. 

The next thing I knew, I was at the church with the row of giant lilacs growing at the edge of the lot. I'm sure something else grows in the middle of it, because all summer, long after the blossoms have come and gone, there is a certain floral scent that overwhelms you whenever you happen by it.  The bush on the end has grown so large that I have to duck around it just to get by. As I did, I noticed that it was already full of tiny green buds.

I made it to the store and headed back home knowing what to expect. The flags lining main street were dancing in the slight breeze. Like thousands of winters before it, this winter was coming to an end. It was like everything and everyone was celebrating. I was more than happy to join them.


“Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
to whom belong wisdom and might.
 
He changes times and seasons; 
He removes kings and sets up kings;
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to those who have understanding;
He reveals deep and hidden things; 
He knows what is in the darkness,
and the light dwells with Him.

To you, O God of my fathers,
I give thanks and praise,
for you have given me wisdom and might,
and have now made known to me what we asked of you,
for you have made known to us the king’s matter.” Daniel 2:21-23



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)