Catching Up

Friday, March 27, 2015

March 24, 2015

It's Friday and Jenna is hosting a coffee date, so let's join her!

I can't share too much yet, but there's a lot going on behind the scenes in my day to day life. It's probably all going to turn out really good, but the unknowns can get the best of me. I'm struggling to keep my eyes on God and my heart quiet in Him. He is God and He does as He pleases. We can and must trust Him!

Let's reflect on some of the most recent good times! 

* Last week my brother and sister's time in another play came to an end. It was so great to go to rehearsals, work in makeup, and then watch as each performance came off as a great success! This year, it was my brother's second solo that brought me to tears. My sister's solo made me smile so big. She ALWAYS gets the floozy and she knows just how to pull it off even though that's the exact opposite of her own personality!

* After patiently waiting, my bulb bed came to life! The hyacinths were first and then the yellow tulips followed. I'm eager to keep watching it fill up over the next month or so.

* I've got a "Bible Reading in 2015" update coming your way soon. Let's just say I'm making progress and the times there continue to exceed my expectations. This familiar book is a ALIVE and I'm so glad!

* We picked up sidewalk chalk yesterday and I can't wait to use it sometime soon when Heidi's kids come to visit!

* After sitting on the sidelines long enough, I'm looking for essential oil combos to diffuse this spring. When it was warm, I had the windows open. We've had to keep them closed up again because the cold returned. The air just needs freshening up.

There are two combos that appeal to me. The first is lemon, orange, and peppermint. The second is eucalyptus and spearmint. What are your favorites for spring (or any season)?



What has been happening in your life?

5 comments:

  1. I really want to plant a small flower garden! How did you get started? I would love some tips if you have them :) And I have heard SO much about the essential oil craze, so curious to see the benefits in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your excitement is contagious, and I'm so excited for you and all these things! Your flowers are gorgeous. Enjoy your Friday and weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love reading your posts. The flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet it's so fun seeing your siblings perform! My favorite oil to diffuse is Purification! Fresh and perfect. I even use it in my homemade laundry detergent and fabric softeners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so fun to see siblings act! My little sister always plays characters that are the opposite of her personality. She will play the villian, the mean girl, etc. It's so fun to see! I love that your siblings both perform!

    Those flowers are so pretty! I'm going to try to start a little garden for flowers. I do not have much of a green thumb, so I'm sure it'll be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)